    can't connect and keeps telling me that there are several connections
    available. Does that mean that one of my neighbour has wlan as well? How can
    I fix this problem? Thanks for your help!
    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=, May 16, 2005

  2. You might try changing the channel on your AirPlus access point. Try channel 1,6 or 11. You may need
    to experiment a bit.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al [MVP], May 16, 2005

  3. Have you power cycled the access point recently? Many devices simply need
    to be power cycled every once in a while to restore functionality.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], May 16, 2005
  4. Hi
    I just tried it, and it works now. But it could also be, that my neighbour
    (i think it's a neighbour who causes this problem) went offline...
    Thank you!

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=, May 16, 2005
  5. Hi
    I couldn't figure out yet, how to change the channel, but I'll try that.
    Thank you for your help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=, May 16, 2005
  6. Okay, it worked for like 5 mins... then i got kicked offline again. :)

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=, May 16, 2005
  7. When you setup the access point, did you change the default network
    name/SSID?

    If you neighbor bought the same access point, both of your networks may have
    the same name. If the security settings do not match, that would explain a
    lot.

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], May 16, 2005
  8. Hi
    I just did change the SSID. It used to be "default" and I now changed it. It
    still doesn't work. I also set up the whole modem again, but still not
    working...

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=, May 16, 2005
  9. Le Bummer, so much for the obvious fixes. Let's start at the beginning and
    vet out all of the possibilities.

    What are the security settings of the access point?
    What is the access point model and firmware version?
    What is the wireless adapter model and driver version?
    What operating system and version are you running?

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], May 17, 2005
  10. Hi Jerry
    I just wanted to let you know that it's working again. I uninstalled the
    whole modem and then installed it again. I don't know exactly why, but it's
    working. But thank you very much for all your help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmlra2k=?=, May 18, 2005