    router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
    wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I wrong?
    Burke
    Burke McNulty, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Burke McNulty wrote:

    > I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both running
    > XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had problem
    > using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now the
    > nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
    > router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
    > wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I wrong?
    > Burke

    No.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Burke McNulty

    cool ghoul Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Burke McNulty wrote:
    >
    > > I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both

    running
    > > XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had

    problem
    > > using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now the
    > > nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
    > > router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
    > > wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I wrong?
    > > Burke

    > No.

    DSL will work wireless! What a bunch of CRAP!!! CG
    cool ghoul, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Burke McNulty

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "cool ghoul" <cool(remove)> wrote in message

    | "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    | > Burke McNulty wrote:
    | >
    | > > I am helping a friend setup a wireless for her PC and laptop both
    | running
    | > > XP. using Linksys wireless. Set it up and all worked fine but had
    | problem
    | > > using Outlook Express. After I left she contacted Sympatico and now
    the
    | > > nightmare starts. end result after 2 days she is back online with the
    | > > router disconnected because sympatico told her DSL Basic will not work
    | > > wireless. I say crap as I am almost positive it will work . Am I
    wrong?
    | > > Burke
    | >
    | > No.
    |
    | DSL will work wireless! What a bunch of CRAP!!! CG

    Lazy tech at Sympatico..."I don't understand the problem, so I'll just say
    it can't work and I can go back to my coffee and computer games..."

    Yes, DSL or cable Internet (any broadband providing an ethernet connection)
    will do wireless. 'Cuz the modem has nothing whatsoever to do with it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 16, 2005