    go and select the option that I want windows to configure my wireless network
    settings.
    How can I avoid doing this every time?
    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzaA==?=, Feb 4, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UnVzaA==?= <> wrote in
    news::

    > Common problem: When I start my computer, I always have to go
    > in and turn on Wireless Zero even though its set to
    > automatically come on. Then I have to go and select the option
    > that I want windows to configure my wireless network settings.
    > How can I avoid doing this every time?

    The usual reason is that the vendor's configuration utility is taking
    control during Windows start-up. You can usually tell that utility to
    let Windows manage the wifi adapter. If not, you may need to track
    down how it is being started up, and stop from doing so - MSCONFIG
    may be be able to help with that.
    Frazer Jolly Goodfellow, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Thanks, that worked perfectly. I stopped the utility in MSCONFIG, then I
    restarted, and it didn't come on, so I went in and told it to let windows
    manage my network, and I have restarted a few times and it has connected
    every time.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzaA==?=, Feb 4, 2007