Wireless Zero Configuration

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3NtYW4wMDc=?=, May 6, 2005.

  1. I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
    Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
    start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.

    For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!

    Configuration on laptop:

    Dell Inspiron 8500
    1ghz ram
    Windows XP pro.
    Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.

    Thanks,
    Gary
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3NtYW4wMDc=?=, May 6, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. When you double click the WZC in the Services list and change the Startup
    type to Automatic, does that setting not stick?


    --
    Roger Lemon
    Newport Pagnell
    England





    "Marksman007" wrote:

    > I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
    > Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
    > start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.
    >
    > For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!
    >
    > Configuration on laptop:
    >
    > Dell Inspiron 8500
    > 1ghz ram
    > Windows XP pro.
    > Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gary
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?=, May 11, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. No the setting does not stick... every time I start my laptop I have to find
    the WZC and start the service.

    "Roger Lemon" wrote:

    > When you double click the WZC in the Services list and change the Startup
    > type to Automatic, does that setting not stick?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Roger Lemon
    > Newport Pagnell
    > England
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Marksman007" wrote:
    >
    > > I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
    > > Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
    > > start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.
    > >
    > > For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!
    > >
    > > Configuration on laptop:
    > >
    > > Dell Inspiron 8500
    > > 1ghz ram
    > > Windows XP pro.
    > > Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Gary
    > >
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3NtYW4wMDc=?=, May 12, 2005
    #3
  4. Have another look at the Service and check that any other Service on which
    it's dependent is also set to Automatic. I have RPC and NDisUser something
    or other showing in mine as being necessary for WZC to run but the latter
    doesn't even show in my list. A mystery in itself because my WZC works OK.


    --
    Roger Lemon
    Newport Pagnell
    England





    "Marksman007" wrote:

    > No the setting does not stick... every time I start my laptop I have to find
    > the WZC and start the service.
    >
    > "Roger Lemon" wrote:
    >
    > > When you double click the WZC in the Services list and change the Startup
    > > type to Automatic, does that setting not stick?
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Roger Lemon
    > > Newport Pagnell
    > > England
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "Marksman007" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
    > > > Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
    > > > start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.
    > > >
    > > > For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!
    > > >
    > > > Configuration on laptop:
    > > >
    > > > Dell Inspiron 8500
    > > > 1ghz ram
    > > > Windows XP pro.
    > > > Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Gary
    > > >
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?=, May 12, 2005
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFya3NtYW4wMDc=?=

    Kinell Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?="
    <> wrote in
    news::

    > Have another look at the Service and check that any other
    > Service on which it's dependent is also set to Automatic. I
    > have RPC and NDisUser something or other showing in mine as
    > being necessary for WZC to run but the latter doesn't even show
    > in my list. A mystery in itself because my WZC works OK.
    >
    >


    At least one wireless adapter manufacturer's proprietary config
    utility shuts off WZC in XP every time you boot. Could that be the
    cause in your case?
    Kinell, May 12, 2005
    #5
  6. This is the most likely scenario. Check to make sure that you do not have
    the Meetinghouse/Dell wireless client utility running on your laptop. The
    Intel ProSet utility will also stop the WZC service at every boot if it is
    managing your connections.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    "Kinell" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns965478FA5B64kxxx@62.253.162.205...
    > "=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?="
    > <> wrote in
    > news::
    >
    >> Have another look at the Service and check that any other
    >> Service on which it's dependent is also set to Automatic. I
    >> have RPC and NDisUser something or other showing in mine as
    >> being necessary for WZC to run but the latter doesn't even show
    >> in my list. A mystery in itself because my WZC works OK.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > At least one wireless adapter manufacturer's proprietary config
    > utility shuts off WZC in XP every time you boot. Could that be the
    > cause in your case?
    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], May 16, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Alek

    To change Wireless Zero Configuration settings

    Alek, Jun 30, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    4,322
    Stephan Wolf [MVP]
    Jun 30, 2004
  2. andrew

    Wireless Zero Configuration Servoce fails to start

    andrew, Jul 28, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,679
    andrew
    Jul 28, 2004
  3. Sleurhutje

    Wireless Zero Configuration Service problems

    Sleurhutje, Sep 22, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    849
    Sleurhutje
    Sep 22, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    Wireless Zero Configuration service not starting

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Nov 2, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,240
    Jeroen van Bemmel
    Nov 3, 2004
  5. volatile5
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,390
    volatile5
    Jul 15, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page