    (I am a retiree with very limited computer experience!).
    I am running Windows XP (service pack 2 as well). I have a linksys modem and
    a dynex adapter.
    retiree, Jul 28, 2008

  2. Are you also running manufacturer wireless utility? the following posts may
    help. Please post back with the result.
    Windows cannot configure this ...
    871122 in the microsoft knowledge base on the microsoft.com web >>
    site. " >> > > Believe it or else, in most cases this is perfectly normal.
    Windows ...
    www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=7348&sid=9744ef7d457431fbaa7e133af0be97bd
    - Similar pages

    chicagotech.net :: View topic - Can't activate Wireless Zero ...
    I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks like that something
    disappeared in the Network connection. Following that article, "....In
    Network Connections ...
    www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=2928

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jul 28, 2008

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 30, 2008
  4. retiree

    stkim Guest

    stkim, Aug 10, 2008
  5. retiree

    stkim Guest

    stkim, Aug 10, 2008
  6. retiree

    pattywac Guest

    pattywac, Aug 14, 2008
  7. retiree

    dodo Guest

    dodo, Sep 30, 2008
  8. retiree

    sat Guest

    your solution is help me a lot, thank u so much..
    sat

    sat, Oct 8, 2008

    Very helpful indeed. Thanx Jack, Oct 8, 2008
  10. retiree

    bob d Guest

    bob d, Oct 16, 2008
  11. retiree

    kbamsay Guest

    Absolutely the most perfect answer. Thanks!

    kbamsay, Oct 17, 2008
  12. retiree

    AnaGhirelli Guest

    AnaGhirelli, Oct 27, 2008
  13. retiree

    mabe Guest

    wow i have spent a while trying to fix this problem and your advice was
    quick, easy, and worked great. tx
    mandy

    mabe, Nov 14, 2008
  14. retiree

    peter Guest

    peter, Dec 5, 2008
  15. retiree

    dboye208 Guest

    WOW That was Easy! Thanx for the help Jack! I've struggled with that for a
    while. Super simple. if you can't handle this, there's no hope

    dboye208, Dec 20, 2008
  16. retiree

    Nicole1973 Guest

    Thank you.
    Fast, easy, effective.

    Nicole1973, Dec 26, 2008
  17. retiree

    Catman Guest

    Catman, Dec 26, 2008
  18. retiree

    jdm Guest

    jdm, Jan 12, 2009
  19. Right-Click on MyComputer Icon and choose "Manage"
    Expand "Services and Applications" near the bottom
    Select "Services"
    Double-Click "Wireless Zero Configuration" on the right side
    Set the Startup type to "Automatic"
    Make sure it is currently "started".

    --
    Phillip Windell