    a HP ZD7005QV laptop with a Broadcom wireless nic. Any ideas on how to
    correct this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Sam
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIExpZ2h0Ym91cm4=?=, Mar 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIExpZ2h0Ym91cm4=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Check the Startup folders, http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#process

    Might be that the original Wireless card's utility is loaded at Startup,
    many of these utilities when loaded, switch off Windows Zero Configuration.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Mar 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIExpZ2h0Ym91cm4=?=

    Socrates Guest

    Socrates, Mar 27, 2006
  4. I am having the exact same problem. This occurred after installing new
    drivers and windows updates. Were you able to resolve?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?cw==?=, Jun 30, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIExpZ2h0Ym91cm4=?=

    Guest Guest

    Try this http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html. It helped me before.

    greensky

    Guest, Jun 30, 2006
  6. Thank you greensky. I did follow the directions and it does connect the
    wireless. However, when i restart the computer, i must go through the process
    again manually, even though i have chosen "automatic." Any other ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?cw==?=, Jun 30, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIExpZ2h0Ym91cm4=?=

    Guest Guest

    For my case, I turned off "Let this tool manage your wireless settings"
    option on the wireless card utility, then the issue resolved.

    greensky

    Guest, Jun 30, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIExpZ2h0Ym91cm4=?=

    Guest

    On 30-Jun-2006, <greensky> wrote:

    > For my case, I turned off "Let this tool manage your wireless settings"
    > option on the wireless card utility, then the issue resolved.

    I turned off Zero Config, and went for static addresses.
    Zero Config is like Plug and Pray from the same stable,
    ok for those with no PC knowledge if it works, often a
    pain in the butt when it doesn't.
    , Jul 1, 2006