wireless zero configuration

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 8, 2007.

  1. Hi
    Look at WinXP services and make sure that all the following services are
    turned on.. Application Layer Gateway Service
    . Network Connections
    . Network Location Awareness (NLA)
    . Plug and Play
    . Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    . Remote Access Connection Manager
    . Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    . Telephony

    This page describe how to handle the WZC service, similarly you can choose
    and configure the other services.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY28=?=, Apr 8, 2007

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Marco" <> wrote in message news:...
    > When I start the wireless zero configuration, I get the following message
    > (translated from Dutch):
    > "Can't start the zerp configuration service on locat computer,
    > fault 1068. can't start the depended service or group"
    >
    > under depencies it says:
    > -I/O protocol of NDIS user modus
    > -Remote procedure Call
    >
    > What does that mean and what do I do to start the wireless zero configuration?

    Can you tell when this has begun? Did it ever worked?
    A likely reason is that some 3rd party app grabbed (or removed) the ndisuio driver, so that WZC can't use it.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Apr 9, 2007
  4. I've the same problem. I've all these activates sevices, but I'm waiting WZC
    in my PC, Isn't there other solution. If WZC depend of RPC and NDIS. It's my
    question: If I've RPC activated, how can I activate NDIS? or How I can
    instaled WZC like was new?
    --
    dagape

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGdhcmNpYXBl?=, May 22, 2007