Wireless zero configuration

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=, Dec 31, 2005.

  1. hi there.
    I cant find the wireless tab on the (wireless network connection menu)
    needed to configure a wireless connection . and i read alota stuff on the net
    but i still cant fix this thing.
    my laptop comes with the intel pro/wireless 2200BG adapter built in. and i
    think that the adapter is not compatible with the wireless zero configuration
    thingi or something. i cant start WZC as well. i get the message

    ' Error 1058: the service cannot be started either because it is disabled or
    has no enabled devices associated with it'

    well i know for sure that my adapter is working. (i.e under driver details
    it says it works fine)
    I did select the 'automatic' option for the WZC but I just cant get it to
    'start'. the service status = stopped

    by the way i have service pack 2 so 'apparently i dont need to instal some
    pach or anything'
    In addition the installed Intel® PROSet/Wireless software does not work
    because i havent disabled windows xp from managing my wireless connections of
    Windows XP.
    but how am i supposed to do that if i cant see the wireless connection tab?!
    tell me whats wrong with the WZC thing
    can anyone help please? i cant contact my laptop manufacturer about my
    adapter because they went bust a long time ago (TINY!). help me out if u can.
    thanks in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Is your wireless networking card switched on? Most laptops have it turned off
    by default to save power.It is usualy a 2 key combination press to switch it
    on. I might be wrong but this one foxed me for a while

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2ZXJtaWs5OA==?=, Jan 1, 2006

  3. this news to me
    where is this 2 key switch? i cant find it. i checked the driver details.
    all i can tell is it working well and it is enabled. is there some additional
    switch?

    =?Utf-8?B?YWJkdWw=?=, Jan 1, 2006
  4. On my Fujitsu Siemens laptop I need to press (if my memory is right) the "fn"
    key together with the "F2" key to turn the wireless card on.Your laptop will
    probably be differant.Best bet is check the documentation that came with it.

    The driver details will still tell you the card is ok even if it is switched
    off-mine did

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2ZXJtaWs5OA==?=, Jan 2, 2006