    So does anyone know if there is maybe an entry in the registry which causes
    WZC to revert to a previous configuration, not release the adapter and then
    tell me a pack of lies?

    =?Utf-8?B?b2xpdmVyX3RpZ2Vy?=, Sep 20, 2006

  2. Hi
    I doubt that it WZC fault. Many 3rd party wireless utilities have a setting
    instructing them to stay neutral and let the Wireless work with WZC, look
    carefully in all of the Wireless Utility menus and uncheck "Work with WZC"
    (or similar wordings).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 21, 2006

  3. Actually, I would not use the third party app and use WZC. I find it much
    better than any app than I have used for this purpose.
    --
    MCP (2K) Net+, A+
    Server-Networking MVP

    =?Utf-8?B?am13aWxscw==?=, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Jack
    Thanks for the Reply.
    I've moved on slightly since but have still not solved the problem. After
    much trial and error, Odyssey suddenly started working after I unset in the
    adapters property 'Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings'.
    That's fine. But amazingly hands off I watched it's status become 'Not
    Connected'. ZyXEL's software at this point was still not picking up the
    adapter.

    I have since deleted the Odyssey software. I really only want to use ZyXEL's
    third party software. The adapter will also work as an AP (Access Point) -
    which is one of the reasons I bought it and ZyXEL's software controls this
    and normal infrastructure working easiy and quickly when it is working.

    WZC within 'Services' is currently set to 'Automatic/Started' and as stated
    above is also turned off in the adapter's properties. I could delete and
    reload the whole thing I suppose.

    I wish I could send you a screen print to show the situation. Are there any
    other areas to pursue? I have looked but not spotted any other controls.

    regards

    =?Utf-8?B?b2xpdmVyX3RpZ2Vy?=, Sep 21, 2006