    machines are joined to during RIS) however, the service stops starting (can I
    even say that?) after I rejoin them to a child domain.

    Any suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFbGxpcyAoU0Q0Nyk=?=, Sep 12, 2005

  2. I figured it out.

    The machines (Dell Latitude F510's) use an Intel onboard wireless card. The
    driver for the card loads a WLANKEEPER service that runs the irritating Intel
    software. SO even though I tell Windows to manage the wireless card, the
    Intel stuff kicks it offline,

    Stopping the WLANKEEPER service and setting it to disabled allows me to
    re-enable WZC and lets Windows manage my wireless word.

    Woot.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFbGxpcyAoU0Q0Nyk=?=, Sep 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFbGxpcyAoU0Q0Nyk=?=

    danfranceski Guest

    Matthew -

    I have a similar problem on an HP Pavilion laptop with a built-in
    wireless card from Broadcom. When the machine reboots, or when a user
    logs out and another logs in, the Wireless Zero Configuration utility
    stops and the internet connection is lost. I am trying to find out how
    to stop this form happening by reading posts in this topic group.

    Perhaps my laptop has a similar WLANKEEPER service that I should
    disable. How do you find the WLANKEEPER and how do you disable it?

    Thanks.
    Dan

    danfranceski, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Hi Dan.

    It is listed as a service under Services. Easiest way to get there is to
    Right Click MY COMPUTER and choose Manage from the list. Expand the newly
    open window where it says Services and Applications. Then look at Services
    to see the list.

    Hope that helps ...

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFbGxpcyAoU0Q0Nyk=?=, Sep 13, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBFbGxpcyAoU0Q0Nyk=?=

    Greg Guest

    "Matthew Ellis (SD47)" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hi Dan.
    >
    > It is listed as a service under Services. Easiest way to get there is to
    > Right Click MY COMPUTER and choose Manage from the list. Expand the newly
    > open window where it says Services and Applications. Then look at
    > Services
    > to see the list.

    Just to shortcut that, go to start/run and type services.msc and hit enter
    to bring that up.

    Greg, Sep 13, 2005