    service has been removed or disabled. I have found nothing in common with
    these laptops. No updates were pushed and no viruses found. I am not able to
    locate any ifnormation on the web. Any suggestions?
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNP?=, Apr 18, 2006

  2. Hi

    One scenario might be...

    Many new laptops come with a configuration that loads the Original Wireless
    manufacturer Utility at Startup.

    The Wireless can be maintained only by one agent, so these utilities usually
    are programmed to switch off Windows Zero Configuration (WZC).

    Many people prefer the flexibility of WZC. In such a case the 3rd party
    Utility has to be disabled from starting, and WZC has to be initiated again.

    Selective Disabling of Startup can be easily done with this,
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#process

    Reviving WZC here, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 18, 2006