    will not starts and defaults back to maual. Does anyone know how I could
    have possibly caused this, or could fix this problem? I appreciate your help.

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=, Feb 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    hello Guest

    What services Wireless Zero Configuration needs to function properly:

    * NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol
    * Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

    check these services and make sure they are running also.

    Good luck.

    -Sam

    hello, Feb 26, 2005

  3. I have the same problem. RPC is set to automatically start, don't see where
    to set NDIS but I assume it it working since I can connect to the wireless
    network. It would be nice if Microsoft would fix this problem so that
    Wireless Zero would actually automatically start.

    It works on my Dell Notebook automatically, but not on my Compaq desktop in
    which I installed a wireless network card manually.

    A work around to not having to manually re-start it is to leave the computer
    on all the time but set it to system standby and hiberate after so many
    hours. Of course it seems whenever you do a critical update, you need to
    re-boot the computer.

    =?Utf-8?B?b3JhY2xld2l6YXJkNzc=?=, Feb 26, 2005
  4. It works on my Dell notebook but not on my Compaq desktop, it may be a
    Microsoft bug. At least I can manually start the service.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJsZW5ldGVhY2hlcg==?=, Feb 26, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    Robert33644

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Solutions on the fix

    The same thing was happening to me and it cost me $100 to have a tech guy fix it. So here it is.. after re starting Zero configuration again.. go to START then to ALL PROGRAMS then find your wireless card..( wireless utilities).. I have a gateway laptop with XP.. so I have a BROADCOM WIRELESS.. go to its UTILITIES....UNCHECK.. the box that says.. LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS CONNECTIONS.... press apply and ok.. you shold be go to .. $100 over a little box.. DAMMMM.. :(

    Robert33644, Jun 29, 2008
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    angineer

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks Robert!

    I just wanted to let you know that your $100 helped me change the settings on two computers at my office. I really appreciate your post! :)

    angineer, Mar 19, 2009
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    Akaluga

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    My Thanks as well

    I just got a new Dell Vostro laptop. Why it was configured to not work out of the box I don't know, but this solution worked fo rme as well. Your $100 is helping a lot.

    Akaluga, Apr 26, 2009
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    Linksucks

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    linksys easylink advisor SUCKS BIGTIME!!!

    I fixed this problem after alot of hours messing with my laptop, no thanks to Linksys / CISCO who write lame commercial software called easylink advisor....

    As part of their easylink install they install a new service called the
    "Pure Networks Platform Service". Unfortunately, when you uninstall the easylink advisor software it does not remove this service!! This service forces the Wireless Zero Configuration service to stop. I therefore stopped this service and set it to disabled. The next thing to do is delete anything under the following path;

    "c:\program files\common files\Pure Networks Shared\"

    The reason for this is that at startup you see nmctxth.exe start which messes with your wireless connection by unticking certain boxes!! YOU SUCK LINKSYS!! Anyhoo, delete these files or use MSCONFIG to disable it running at startup.

    In conclusion, DO NOT install easylink advisor! You can configure and connect to your Linksys router without it. I hope this helps someone else that may have recently bought a Stinksys router and wasted time on this issue..

    Linksucks, Jun 24, 2009
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    tsunami

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Thank Robert33644 so much! Your post is so useful!

    tsunami, Feb 12, 2010
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    mdixit05

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    It is due to some other wireless program taking control which stops Wireless Zero Configuration Service. In my case it was INTELLIGENT NETWORK SERVICE. I disabled this service thereafter Wireless Zero Configuration Service started automatically
    Manoj

    mdixit05, Jun 8, 2010
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    smokin69

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks guys...you saved me a hundred clams. Mucho apreciato.

    smokin69, Dec 9, 2010
  12. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    danimal

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    You Guys Rock -- Find that Driver -- Totally Free -- No Adware, No Spamware

    Thanks for the fix --

    FYI -- Switch to "Classic View" in the "Control Panel" to see the "Broadcam Wireless Utility".

    Re: Drivers (i.e. finding the right one)
    I had a heck of a time finding the driver on an ACER Aspire 3050 1594 Laptop for this Broadcam BCM94318MPG wireless card 802.11 b g.
    (I don't have 50 post points, so I can't put links in there, but if you read between the spaces ... you'll get the picture ... )
    I finally got it via devicedoctor . com -- this is a no spamware, no adware, TOTALLY FREE utility to find drivers. Worked like a champ ... The guy accepts donations only. Amazing product -- find a review at howtogeek. com

    Good luck to you!!

    Singed -- one happy dude!!!

    danimal, Dec 16, 2010
  13. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    roncoles

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    thanks robert33644 also. i have been busting my brains trying to solve this! that $100 has gone a very long way. hope to return the favor soon.

    roncoles, Jul 29, 2011
  14. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    D4voL

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Many thanks to Links***s. While I agree that Network Magic/easylink advisor/cisco connect is junkware, I don't agree with negative comments about Linksys here, but thank you for the info on deleting the folder under C:\Program Files\common files\Pure Networks Shared\.

    I was headed toward trying to re-install/uninstall Network Magic components even though it had already been removed from control panel >> add/remove programs, thinking this might have had something to do with my wireless not starting automatically, and it did! Deleting the remnants which is basically the "Platform" folder under "Pure Networks Shared" solved my wireless problem!

    D4voL, Nov 24, 2011
  15. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    linda12

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    thanks for the service.

    linda12, Jan 20, 2012
  16. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    linda12

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    thanks for the good service

    linda12, Jan 20, 2012
  17. =?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWUgTWFydGlu?=

    linda12

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    thanks for the good service and i really liked it.

    linda12, Jan 20, 2012