    What am I missing? I feel there is probably some configuration problem, but
    I cannot figure it out.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=, Sep 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    WZC, besides of being a WPA supplicant for wireless,
    also does 802.1x for wired adapters. Do you use 802.1x in your wired LAN?
    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 3, 2005

  3. At the risk of asking an embarassingly stupid question, how can I tell? I am
    really not sure. I do not remember ever specifying anything in the
    configuration about this.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=, Sep 3, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "MGriff" <> wrote in message news:...
    > At the risk of asking an embarassingly stupid question, how can I tell? I am
    > really not sure. I do not remember ever specifying anything in the
    > configuration about this.

    Hmm if this is a home private LAN and you've set it up yourself,
    probably you don't use 1x.
    But if this notebook is from work and set up by your IT, it's very possible.
    When WZC is running, there is Authentication tab on LAN connection.
    Is 802.1x checked on it?
    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 3, 2005
  5. The "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" box is not checked.

    Also, let me give you some more information. Before I purchased the
    wireless adapter, I set up this LAN network with the notebook hard wired to
    the router. I later installed the adapter. I should have mentioned this
    earlier, but really just did not even remember it. I don't know if it makes a
    difference, but thought I should mention it.

    When I installed the wireless adapter, I used the D-link utility
    installation disk and did the configurration with that. It really does not
    matter to me which utility I use, either D-link or WZC. When I use the
    D-link, I do not have the "limited connectivity" problem, but I can't access
    the PC files. When I use the WZC utility, I can access files but always get
    the limited connectivity message. I can eventually get connected by
    repairing the connection, and sometimes by doing nothing at all.

    Would it do any good if I uninstall the D-link configuration utility,
    uninstall the adapter, then let windows and WZC reinstall?

    I really appreciate your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=, Sep 4, 2005
  6. Given that you see a message that the desktop can't be accessed,
    it can be wrong assignment IP addresses.
    Something like both of them are on same subnet.
    Check what IP address gets each connection, it is DHCP or manually assigned...

    Regards,
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  7. The IP on the desktop is 192.168.0.101, and the notebook is 192.168.0.102.
    The router is set to DHCP.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=, Sep 7, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    ok and what are values of IP mask and default router??

    Pavel A., Sep 9, 2005
  9. The IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1. The router subnet mask is
    255.255.255.0

    PC - 192.168.0.101 & 255.255.255.0
    Notebook - 192.168.0.102 & 255.255.255.0

    Is this the info you need or is it something else? Please let me know if
    you need more config information.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TUdyaWZm?=, Sep 10, 2005
  10. I have to give up. Seems like the router
    actually works as dhcp server, so it may be problem with
    WEP or WPA keys, since wzc is involved.
    Also it can be problem with WLAN device driver (less likely).

    Good luck,
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Sep 11, 2005