    The problem lies when trying to connect using my laptop (XP). It recognises
    the network but when I try to connect it just gives up! Any help would be
    appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWU=?=, Aug 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWU=?=

    Lem Guest

    Katie wrote:
    > I have installed a belkin router on PC (Win 98) and is working perfectly!
    > The problem lies when trying to connect using my laptop (XP). It recognises
    > the network but when I try to connect it just gives up! Any help would be
    > appreciated.

    "Just gives up" doesn't explain much. Did you use the correct
    encryption key? http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Lem, Aug 26, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aWU=?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    For general knowledge, you do not install a Router on any computer. Router is a
    Stand-alone unit.

    What you have is a Router that a computer with Win98 is connected to, and a Wireless
    Laptop that you are trying to connect to as well.

    If the Laptop can surf the Internet and your are trying to connect to the Win98 Computer
    this might help, http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    If you cannot surf the Internet from the laptop, it means that you do not have a viable
    Wireless connection, in such a case this might help.

    My new Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Aug 26, 2006