    MN-740 adaptor) I can not access internet on my primary pc. I have a Dell
    2350 router that allows sharing of other client pc's. I do not see the xbox
    adaptor on my list of network connections. I suspect this is a clue??

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29sb3JhZG9LaWQ=?=, Nov 16, 2005

  2. In news:D,
    ColoradoKid <> typed:
    > I can not share my internet connection. When xbox-live is connected
    > (via MN-740 adaptor) I can not access internet on my primary pc. I
    > have a Dell 2350 router that allows sharing of other client pc's. I
    > do not see the xbox adaptor on my list of network connections. I
    > suspect this is a clue??

    I'm not sure what you're trying to do with 'sharing' your connection, since
    you have a router..... ? Can you provide more info?

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 16, 2005

  3. Thanks for replying, I will try. 'Sharing' internet access. If the xbox is
    connected and accessing internet (xbox-live) then I can not access internet
    on my pc that is connected to the internet through Comcast's broadband modem.
    At all other times I can access internet, even when another wireless client
    pc is connected to the internet (via wireless USB adapter). I would like to
    be able to access internet at same time as when xbox is connected to xbox
    live. The fact that I do not see the xbox adapter under network connections
    is something I am not sure about??

    thanks again for offering to help!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29sb3JhZG9LaWQ=?=, Nov 17, 2005
  4. "ColoradoKid" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for replying, I will try. 'Sharing' internet access. If the xbox is
    > connected and accessing internet (xbox-live) then I can not access
    > internet
    > on my pc that is connected to the internet through Comcast's broadband
    > modem.
    > At all other times I can access internet, even when another wireless
    > client
    > pc is connected to the internet (via wireless USB adapter). I would like
    > be able to access internet at same time as when xbox is connected to xbox
    > live. The fact that I do not see the xbox adapter under network
    > connections
    > is something I am not sure about??

    Where is your wireless coming from? Where's the access point?
    I'd recommend you get an inexpensive broadband router/firewall/AP that does
    NAT. Connect your computer to one of the built-in Ethernet switch ports.
    Connect your xbox to the wireless connection. Since I don't think xbox can
    handle WPA+PSK, at the very least use WEP on the wireless.

    Internet connection sharing stinks, IMO....

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 19, 2005