    Everytime I run the wireless connection help test it always says this:

    Test Failed. Check the LAN cable connection. (LAN diagnostic (Broadcom
    802.11b/g WLAN))

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWxlc3Mgd29ya3MgZXZlcnl3aGVyZSBidXQg, May 28, 2007

  2. I've been having a lot of trouble with my wireless connection on my Presario
    Compaq V5000 laptop that I got as a graduation present last year. My wireless
    connection works everywhere, at school, the park, the diner, my apartment,
    etc, but it doesn't work when I come home. My parents have a wireless system
    and it works with their 2 wireless laptops just find... so I don't know
    what's going on?!? I called the company a few times to see if they can help
    me but they don't know whats wrong either. I am really getting upset about
    this... I don't know if its because Compaq computer are cheaper or what but
    I've been struggling with this problem for a full year now. So PLEASE can
    someone help me?!?! Thank you!

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWxlc3Mgd29ya3MgZXZlcnl3aGVyZSBidXQg, May 28, 2007

  3. Hi
    In order to work outside the home using public hotspot the Wireless does not
    use any security.
    It might be that your parents wireless is secured and thus your system can
    not connect to it unless it configured to match the parent security scheme.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 29, 2007