    internet. WZC is enabled and started. I understand that there maybe a
    conflict here but when I disable or stop WZC I still have the same problem. I
    have no idea where to go from here so any advise very welcomed.
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Apr 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Have you considered uninstalling the Linksys client completely and
    using only WZC to configure your wireless?

    What type of security are you using? WPA2? WPA?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Apr 10, 2007

  3. Re: Wireless won't connected on startup after setting up secure ne

    That was a consideration but I am not certain of how to uninstall the Linksys
    client. I feel the problem lies here as it has only been an issue since the
    Linksys client set up the new secure connection. Can I find and disable this
    anywhere? I'm not sure what it will be called or where to look even. Can you
    give me any directions please. The security in wep 64 bit. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Re: Wireless won't connected on startup after setting up secure ne

    Another weird thing, when I type 192.168.1.1 admin into my browser, the page
    displayed is incomplete in that all of the options on the left hand side and
    most of the text is missing.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Re: Wireless won't connected on startup after setting up secure ne

    Hi. Thanks, I did a hard reset on the router and this took my connection back
    to my original unsecured connection but still I could not connect. I have
    since run the Linksys Netset client and this establishes a new connection.
    When I rebooted the PC the wireless connection would not connect again. I
    looked at the wzc status and it was not started. I started it and under
    wireless networks tab chose use windows to configure my network settings and
    after 3 or 4 attempts a connection was established. After every restart the
    wzc is not started even though it is set to automatic.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Apr 11, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Re: Wireless won't connected on startup after setting up secure ne

    can you try uninstalling the Linksys utility? then reboot, turn the
    WZC service on again if it is off.

    Barb Bowman, Apr 11, 2007
  7. Re: Wireless won't connected on startup after setting up secure ne

    Hi I downloaded the ezlan startup utility and found something called broadcom
    which was running the wireless configuration. I disabled this and reselected
    wzc, rebooted and I connected straight away. Thank you verymuch for your time
    and help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Apr 11, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Re: Wireless won't connected on startup after setting up secure ne

    glad it's working for you now.

    Barb Bowman, Apr 11, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

    Bill Guest

    Barb Bowman wrote:
    > glad it's working for you now.
    >
    > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:52:08 -0700, Jon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi I downloaded the ezlan startup utility and found something called broadcom
    >> which was running the wireless configuration. I disabled this and reselected
    >> wzc, rebooted and I connected straight away. Thank you verymuch for your time
    >> and help.
    >>
    >> "Barb Bowman" wrote:
    >>
    >>> can you try uninstalling the Linksys utility? then reboot, turn the
    >>> WZC service on again if it is off.

    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Barb Bowman
    >>> MS Windows-MVP
    >>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/bowman.mspx
    >>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    >>>

    > --
    >
    > Barb Bowman
    > MS Windows-MVP

    Just to add another layer of strange to this I was having a problem with
    getting a solid connection when I turned my computer on in the morning.
    No Internet connection even though nothing had changed. The cure,
    strangely enough, was to just unplug the ethernet cable to my computer
    and after about 5 seconds plug it in again, and it was like Windows had
    detected a whole new network. I never had this problem booting into
    Suse, or Ubuntu, so it was/is a Windows thing.
    Now I don't think I will buy Vista until some stupid customer buys into
    it and I have to go with the flow. Needless to say I prefer Linux for
    the critical stuff and Windows only for the forced CAD programs and the
    few things that companies just won't port over to Linux. As long as I
    have Open Office and Mozilla that takes care of most of my needs.
    I think Protel and Cadence would be very pleasantly surprised if they
    came out with Linux versions that could send Windows compatible files
    over the office network.
    Bill Baka
    Bill, Apr 12, 2007