    using a dial-up service. What do I need to do this? I would like to be able
    to buy the stuff at Best Buy or Circuit City.

    Thanks

    Doug, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Doug

    Doug Guest

    One more thing. I do have a computer that is working with a dial up that if
    need be can be used as a ICS.

    This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
    from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com

    Doug, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Doug

    Malke Guest

    Doug wrote:

    > I am going to hook up a new dell laptop to connect with wireless. I
    > will be using a dial-up service. What do I need to do this? I would
    > like to be able to buy the stuff at Best Buy or Circuit City.
    >
    > Thanks

    I have this link from MVP Jack:

    http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Doug

    Mark Guest

    I too am trying to hook up my laptop wirelessly to my home network (which
    connects to the internet through dial-up).

    I have ICS working with a network cable, but want to get rid of the network
    cable for convenience. After purchasing a D Link wireless card for my
    laptop and a D Link wireless router (WBR1310), I found out the router only
    works for highspeed. I called D Link, and they said I need a wireless
    access point instead of a router, so I am going to take the router back to
    Staples and see if they carry D Link's DWL-G700AP (I could not find it
    listed on their website though). Anyone tried this unit and configuration?
    FYI, I am running XP.

    Mark

    Mark, Nov 30, 2006