    newsgroup. My apologies if you had responded before.

    Thanks.

    Christopher Flores

    Christopher Flores, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Christopher Flores

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Christopher Flores wrote:
    > Folks,
    >
    > Are there WiFi ATA adapters out there?
    >
    > We have an entirely WiFi office - no wired Ethernet.
    > Would like to hookup our desktop analog telephones
    > to a VoIP service provider.
    >
    > Our other alternative would be to use a USB ATA
    > with the laptop providing the WiFi connectivity but
    > this needs driver support on the laptop. Any ATA product
    > recommendations in this area?

    Christopher, do you expect VoIP to work like WiFi? Are
    you familiar with QoS issues? It sounds to me like you
    and a lot of others may be leaping in without looking. - RM

    Rick Merrill, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Christopher Flores

    Martin² Guest

    I did reply to your post on 6th January:
    "Don't think there are any, but you can get wifi VoIP phones like Zyxel
    2000W, Sipura (and Cisco -very expensive).
    You can take them with you and use anywhere you can connect via wifi."

    To RM:
    My VoIP works just fine over wifi, but that's in domestic situation.
    There are wifi routers with QoS, like Draytek Vigor 2600G or 2600VG,
    which are presumably designed to deal with an office VoIP scenario.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jan 12, 2005
  4. Christopher Flores

    vopa Guest

    "Martin²" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >I did reply to your post on 6th January:
    > "Don't think there are any, but you can get wifi VoIP phones like Zyxel
    > 2000W, Sipura (and Cisco -very expensive).
    > You can take them with you and use anywhere you can connect via wifi."
    >
    > To RM:
    > My VoIP works just fine over wifi, but that's in domestic situation.
    > There are wifi routers with QoS, like Draytek Vigor 2600G or 2600VG,
    > which are presumably designed to deal with an office VoIP scenario.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    what is the "QoS" and which is the difference for the voip use of a Netgear
    DG834G
    and this new Draytek router?
    with this router can I have a better quality of voip?

    thanks

    vopa, Jan 12, 2005
  5. Christopher Flores

    Martin² Guest

    vopa:
    >what is the "QoS" and

    It stands for 'Quality of Service', but means that VoIP traffic gets
    preference over data.

    >which is the difference for the voip use of a Netgear DG834G

    It should prevent the gaps in sound while you downloading data.

    >and this new Draytek router?
    >with this router can I have a better quality of voip?

    The 2600G has been on the market just over a year, the 2500V (one VoIP port)
    and 2600GV (with two VoIP ports) are fairly new.
    Draytek's are designed for office use, have all the facilities, very robust,
    but also more expensive.

    BTW I had bad experience with Netgear kit and their non existent support,
    won't touch them with a barge pole.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jan 13, 2005
  6. Christopher Flores

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Christopher Flores" <> writes:

    >Are there WiFi ATA adapters out there?

    A Sipura SPA-2000 plus a Linksys WRT54G(S) comes close. Sure,
    there are some extra wires but it works.

    I used some nodes like that for a simple experiment.
    http://lairds.us/temp/ABE590/report.pdf

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Jan 13, 2005
  7. Christopher Flores

    masariello

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Is the wifi FXO ATA ADSL market still alive?!

    hi there

    I hope this thread is not too old to revive, but the question is still relevant...

    ...I'm new to VOIP and am looking for a wifi FXO ATA ADSL router. I've googled a lot and got the impression that a lot of major producers have gone out of the market, as I keep finding references to lots of wifi VOIP gateways that are no longer produced.

    Draytek seem to be still in business and have good reviews, but a Vigor 2710VN is 140£ here in the UK.

    Then I found LevelOne NetCon WBR-3470B can still be bought for 75£ (albeit end-of-stock), but it is no longer on the Level1 website (dead product, I guess).

    Has the whole market become some sort of survivor niche? Could anyone point me toward anything cheaper?

    Thanks in advance!

    masariello, Jul 24, 2010