    the wireless connection is Excellent but don't open the web pages.
    --
    Talika

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFsaWth?=, Nov 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGFsaWth?=

    Jim Guest

    "Talika" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > Hi, i have 3 laptops Dell in my house. I buy a Belkin Wireless G Router to
    > connect all them.2 connect without problem but another 1 have the icon
    > that
    > the wireless connection is Excellent but don't open the web pages.
    > --
    > Talika

    That icon does not necessarily mean that all is well...
    Is the problem computer getting an ip address from the router?

    To find out:

    Press Start
    Select Run
    Enter cmd
    Enter ipconfig/all

    The screen will indicate if it is getting an ip address from the router.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Jim, i already do the instruction that you gave to me. What can i do now.
    --
    Talika

    =?Utf-8?B?VGFsaWth?=, Nov 19, 2006
  4. Hi
    Make sure that the Wireless security settings of the non functional laptop
    match the security setting of the Router. Make also sure that there is No
    software Firewall on this laptop blocking the connection.
    May be this can further Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 19, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGFsaWth?=

    Jim Guest

    "Talika" <> wrote in message
    > Jim, i already do the instruction that you gave to me. What can i do now.
    > --
    > Talika
    >

    > "Jim" wrote:
    >

    >> "Talika" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, i have 3 laptops Dell in my house. I buy a Belkin Wireless G Router
    >> > connect all them.2 connect without problem but another 1 have the icon
    >> > that
    >> > the wireless connection is Excellent but don't open the web pages.
    >> > --
    >> > Talika

    >> That icon does not necessarily mean that all is well...
    >> Is the problem computer getting an ip address from the router?
    >>
    >> To find out:
    >>
    >> Press Start
    >> Select Run
    >> Enter cmd
    >> Enter ipconfig/all
    >>
    >> The screen will indicate if it is getting an ip address from the router.
    >>
    >> Jim

    Post the results to this newsgroup.
    Also, make certain that the encryption key that the router uses is identical
    to the one that computer uses. You will never have get the computer to
    connect to the router unless they are using the same key.

    Those keys are quite difficult (at least for me) to get identical.

    Jim

    Jim, Nov 19, 2006