    card. The desktop has no wireless hardware. His printer is hardwired to the
    desktop. Would he use a wireless router or is this where a printer server
    comes into play? Your help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?bXJpY2g=?=, Jun 20, 2007

  2. Hi
    Get a Wireless Router, connect your desktop to the Router with wire and the
    laptop would connect Wirelessly.
    The printer can stay on the desktop and be shared with any computer that is
    connected to the Network.
    Most Routers would let you block the laptop from accessing the Internet, if
    you wish to do so.
    You should know (that even now without any hardware of your own) Wireless
    computers can connect through any open Wireless Network (like the neighbor's
    next door) to the Internet . So if it is an issue (I.e your son going on the
    Internet), you should be aware of it.
    May be this can Help too.
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 20, 2007

  3. Thank you for your solution. During my search, I find wireless routers use
    web site setup. Are there any wireless routers that just Windows can setup?

    =?Utf-8?B?bXJpY2g=?=, Jun 24, 2007