    thinking this would move much faster over the LAN than wirelessly?

    Thanks for any help.

    Kelley
    ABC, Jan 14, 2005

  2. ABC

    mikeFNB Guest

    personallky, i found the whole system to be alot faster when i changed to
    wireless from a lan.
    however, i concur with your thoughts of a cat5 lan would be faster for file
    transfer.
    if you have a spare pair of nic sockets then set another net up for file
    transfer, the set up should be very easy.

    mike

    "ABC" <> wrote in message
    > Hi-
    >
    > I've got my home wireless network working now, including being able to

    print
    > from my laptop to a printer connected to my desktop (with both machines
    > connected wirelessly through a router). There are a number of reasons why
    > this wireless setup is superior, for my use, to a physical connection to

    the
    > desktop with a LAN cable.
    >
    > However, there are some things I'd like to do through the desktop that

    would
    > probably go much faster using a LAN connection. Can I set up a second
    > network that lets me connect my laptop directly to the desktop using a

    LAN

    mikeFNB, Jan 15, 2005

  3. This would be much faster as you will be connecting at 100mps (Assuming you
    have a recent network card in both) What you need is a CROSSOVER cable, this
    will eliminate the need for another hub.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmVsbA==?=, Jan 15, 2005