  1. Does anyone know of a setting that will allow the hard wire to hit the
    network before the wireless hits the network? Basically I need the nics to
    first detect a hard wired network and use it, instead of both connecting.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?=, Oct 19, 2005

  2. "SteveW" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know of a setting that will allow the hard wire to hit the
    > network before the wireless hits the network? Basically I need the nics
    > first detect a hard wired network and use it, instead of both connecting.

    I cant answer that question but I, too, have 2 machines wired and connected
    to a third that is wired and wi-fi at the same time. So what are the
    problems you are experiencing? There may be some other answer.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 19, 2005

  3. Both are connecting to the network. The wireless via the wireless router and
    the hard nic as it should. The problem is, this is a windows 2003 domain and
    the wirless card is picking up the routers dns entries which will not allow
    it to login to the domain.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?=, Oct 20, 2005
  4. "SteveW" <> wrote in message
    > Both are connecting to the network. The wireless via the wireless router
    > and
    > the hard nic as it should. The problem is, this is a windows 2003 domain
    > and
    > the wirless card is picking up the routers dns entries which will not
    > allow
    > it to login to the domain.

    Do you happen to mean not DNS but that you are being auto assigned IP? If
    that is all the problem is, change the IP/Netmask on the router and manually
    assign the NICs the same.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 21, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmVX?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "SteveW" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Does anyone know of a setting that will allow the hard wire to hit the
    > network before the wireless hits the network? Basically I need the nics to
    > first detect a hard wired network and use it, instead of both connecting.

    the IP metric parameter.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 21, 2005