    Thanks for any help!
    David
    , Oct 28, 2004

  2. bugsy57 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The club where I work has a guy walking around in front
    > of the stage carrying a camera (is there a proper term for
    > that?).

    Yes, it's called a camera man
    bugsy57, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Steve Guidry Guest

    Check the Markertek web site. I think they have a wireless camera link
    system for less than $1k that's pretty good. You will need a wireless
    intercom system as well. If you can get by with some FRS radios and
    earpieces, that's probably the cheapest way, but if this is a continuing
    operation, you will quickly tire of the normal difficulties of this setup.
    My guess is that you'll pay more for the intercom system - - get clearcom or
    RTS, don't fool around with pretenders - - than you would for the camera
    link.

    Steve

    Steve Guidry, Oct 28, 2004
  4. luminos Guest

    I went to the web site...this may be junk, but it is cheap:

    http://www.markertek.com/Product.as...&subcat=&prodClass=WRLESSV&mfg=&search=0&off=

    luminos, Oct 28, 2004
  5. Steve Guidry Guest

    Markertek's marketing strategy is to have a professional grade product for
    each application, as well as a "pretty good" consumer or prosumer product.
    By the price, I'm pretty sure that this is the consumer model.

    I'd expect a professional solution to cost $800 to $1000 for even minimum
    capability. last time I checked, the full bandwidth ones that are used for
    "real TV" were about $4k or more, depending on accessories.

    Depending on how critical the application is, I'd be tempted to give the $99
    solution a try. At that price, it's a throw-away, even if Markertek won't
    take it back.

    Steve

    Steve Guidry, Oct 29, 2004
  6. Larry Guest

    In article <aQtgd.10813$KJ6.9734
    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    says...
    > Markertek's marketing strategy is to have a professional grade product for
    > each application, as well as a "pretty good" consumer or prosumer product.
    > By the price, I'm pretty sure that this is the consumer model.
    >
    > I'd expect a professional solution to cost $800 to $1000 for even minimum
    > capability. last time I checked, the full bandwidth ones that are used for
    > "real TV" were about $4k or more, depending on accessories.
    >
    > Depending on how critical the application is, I'd be tempted to give the $99
    > solution a try. At that price, it's a throw-away, even if Markertek won't
    > take it back.
    >
    > Steve

    I have the $99 version and it works just fine with ONE
    caveat.

    BOTH the reciever and the transmitter MUST be carefully
    aimed at each other and cannot be moved or you will lose
    the signal.

    Straight line aiming is easy, through any walls or soft
    obstructions you must aim in directions you dont expect to
    find where the signal "sneaks" through.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, Oct 29, 2004
  7. Ryan Boni Guest

    Actually, that $99 system is not too bad. We have that one that's listed on
    the Markertek site and have used it for quite a few smaller applications,
    when we didn't want to run either really long cable runs or cable runs in
    busy walking areas. I wouldn't rely on it to work and be clean all the
    time, but if you're using it for non essential work, it's a great little
    system.

    We've used it to send video program feeds into our pressbox for announcers;
    send a signal a couple hundred feet from our stadium to a school building
    for in-house overflow viewing, to send video across an auditorium to a
    projector. That sort of stuff works great.

    You've got to get the two little antennas to face each other pretty close to
    line of sight or you start getting interference and some significant signal
    loss.

    So for a camera man that's walking around on the front of the stage, you
    would need the transmitter to sit stationary somewhere and run a cable from
    the camera to it. If you're looking for something totally portable, you're
    probably going to have to get a lot more expensive unit. Typically, when
    you see a totally wireless camera working in a professional application,
    there's a 2nd person trailing the camera operator, pointing a transmitter at
    some receiver location.

    Ryan

    Ryan Boni
    Public Access Director
    Peters Township Community Television
    McMurray, PA
    www.geocities.com/ptct7/

    http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp?baseItem=CL-AV5000&cat=VIDEOEQUIP&sub

    Ryan Boni, Oct 30, 2004
  8. Steve Guidry Guest

    That's exactly the kind of stuff I'd expect from a "pretty good" consumer
    product. I guess their strategy is working.

    For a truly professional system, expect to pay a lot more.

    Steve

    Steve Guidry, Oct 30, 2004