    Thanks for any help!
    David
    , Nov 5, 2004

  2. Binkley Guest

    : Earlier I posted asking about wireless video, but at that time
    : I believe was looking for an inexpensive product. It turns out
    : that they expect to pay $1K plus for the system, and want
    : something that will allow the camera operator to go anywhere
    : in a room that seats about 3K people. Can anyone recommend
    : a good wireless system for video signal transmission and/or for
    : communication (we need both)?

    If you're looking for a home system, I can recommend:
    http://www.avtechsolutions.com/s_vavs5811.htm

    It runs at 5.8 GHz. (I was using a 2.4 GHz system for years, until I
    installed WiFi and experienced major conflicts with both. This works fine
    even if the other WiFi hotspots in the area.)
    Binkley, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:20:04 +0000 (UTC), Binkley <> wrote:

    >: Earlier I posted asking about wireless video, but at that time
    >: I believe was looking for an inexpensive product. It turns out
    >: that they expect to pay $1K plus for the system, and want
    >: something that will allow the camera operator to go anywhere
    >: in a room that seats about 3K people. Can anyone recommend
    >: a good wireless system for video signal transmission and/or for
    >: communication (we need both)?
    >
    >If you're looking for a home system, I can recommend:
    >http://www.avtechsolutions.com/s_vavs5811.htm
    >
    >It runs at 5.8 GHz. (I was using a 2.4 GHz system for years, until I
    >installed WiFi and experienced major conflicts with both. This works fine
    >even if the other WiFi hotspots in the area.)

    I work in a large nightclub. We have a camera op who is located
    in front of the stage, and we'd like to get him more mobile...so he
    can go anywhere in the room. That means the antenna on the
    camera would not always be pointed in the same direction, and
    people would get between it and the receiver, etc. We need
    something that can attach to the camera and be moved around
    in any direction.
    , Nov 6, 2004