    or my Linksys WUSB54G wireless USB adapter on my computer running Win XP Pro
    x64 edition?
    The drivers for the devices will not install...
    mikebear45, Sep 12, 2008

  2. I don't see any 64-bit drivers on the Linksys web site, so I
    would have to say you don't have the necessary drivers for
    XP x64. You need 64-bit drivers. The standard XP drivers
    are 32-bit and they will not work on XP x64.

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 12, 2008

  3. mikebear45

    mikeyhsd Guest

    I use a WG111V2 on vista ultimate 64 and the drivers work just fine.

    you probably need a different adapter to get the necessary 64 bit drivers.

    mikeyhsd, Sep 12, 2008
  4. mikebear45

    Kue2 Guest

    I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to load
    any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
    Works fine here on all three systems.

    Kue2, Sep 12, 2008
  5. mikebear45

    mikebear45 Guest

    Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
    works for x64 edition XP pro.

    mikebear

    mikebear45, Sep 12, 2008
  6. mikebear45

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Mikebear45:
    Ralink and Broadcom are 2 chipsets that have 64-bit drivers. Refer to
    http://ralink.rapla.net/ for a list of wireless devices from Ralink.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64 SP1
    Dennis Pack, Sep 12, 2008
  7. Did you try searching the web?

    I used Google and found the following that may be useful:

    A Linksys Forum:
    http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Adapters&thread.id=2371

    And some drivers at GigaByte:
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/...mmunication&ProductID=960&ProductName=GN-WBKG

    Remember: G.I.Y.F.! (Google Is Your Friend!) Try it, you
    may like it!

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 12, 2008
  8. mikebear45

    Ken Guest

    mikebear45 wrote:
    > Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
    > works for x64 edition XP pro.
    >
    > mikebear
    >

    > "Kue2" wrote:
    >
    >> I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to load
    >> any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
    >> Works fine here on all three systems.
    >>

    >> "mikebear45" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Can someone tell me why I can't install either my ZyDas wireless USB
    >>> adapter
    >>> or my Linksys WUSB54G wireless USB adapter on my computer running Win XP
    >>> Pro
    >>> x64 edition?
    >>> The drivers for the devices will not install...

    I have the same issue. Please post here again if you have success. Thanks.
    Ken, Sep 13, 2008
  9. mikebear45

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 08:41:29 -0700, Ken <> wrote:

    >mikebear45 wrote:
    >> Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
    >> works for x64 edition XP pro.
    >>
    >> mikebear
    >>

    >> "Kue2" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to load
    >>> any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
    >>> Works fine here on all three systems.
    >>>

    >>> "mikebear45" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >I have the same issue. Please post here again if you have success. Thanks.

    We use a couple Belkin 7050's. The Vista 64 drivers were released 2
    months ago, but they are very unstable, leading to BSOD's all the time
    on the testmachine. I have bugged Belkin a few times, but it takes
    them so long to fix them. I just keep burning candles next to the
    adapter, and pray Belkin will fix the drivers soon ;-)

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Sep 13, 2008
  10. mikebear45

    Ken Guest

    Jud Hendrix wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 08:41:29 -0700, Ken <> wrote:
    >
    >> mikebear45 wrote:
    >>> Thanks! all for your responses. I guess I'll need to find an adapter that
    >>> works for x64 edition XP pro.
    >>>
    >>> mikebear

    >> I have the same issue. Please post here again if you have success. Thanks.

    > We use a couple Belkin 7050's. The Vista 64 drivers were released 2
    > months ago, but they are very unstable, leading to BSOD's all the time
    > on the testmachine. I have bugged Belkin a few times, but it takes
    > them so long to fix them. I just keep burning candles next to the
    > adapter, and pray Belkin will fix the drivers soon ;-)
    >
    > jud

    I am unclear. I thought we were talking about drivers for WinXP64, nor
    Vista 64. Do our Belkin 7050s have Win XP64 drivers?
    Ken, Sep 13, 2008
  11. mikebear45

    Ken Guest

    Kue2 said the following on 9/12/2008 7:17 AM:
    > I use a Linksys router in XP64,XP & Vista Ultimate 64 & never needed to
    > load any drivers.Linksys router:wireless G Model wrt54gs.
    > Works fine here on all three systems.
    >

    > "mikebear45" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> Can someone tell me why I can't install either my ZyDas wireless USB
    >> adapter
    >> or my Linksys WUSB54G wireless USB adapter on my computer running Win
    >> XP Pro
    >> x64 edition?
    >> The drivers for the devices will not install...

    I am not sure that the issue is with a free-standing router; it is an
    issue of finding 64-bit drivers for a PC wireless adapter, is it not?
    Ken, Sep 13, 2008
  12. mikebear45

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 09:50:27 -0700, Ken <> wrote:

    >I am unclear. I thought we were talking about drivers for WinXP64, nor
    >Vista 64. Do our Belkin 7050s have Win XP64 drivers?

    I was unclear too ;-)

    The "version 5" of this Belkin USB-adapter has XP64 drivers. We're
    having "version 4"'s with the problems with Vista 64, but it might be
    that the version 4 drivers work on XP64 (for the version 5 if is not
    in the list, but mentioned seperatly).
    Maybe best to try and contact Belkin and ask them. They usually
    respond within a few days.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Sep 13, 2008
  13. mikebear45

    rak Guest

    I had the same problem. Talked with Linksys. They have no 64bit drivers
    for the 54g and do not know if/when they will. Talked to Microsoft. They
    have no work around for the problem. BTW my 300 series N router works fine
    with 64bit Vista. Fortunately, my HP printer is Bluetooth compatible. So I
    bought a usb dongle for it. No my XP and 32bit Vista machines use 802.11
    and my 64bit Vista machine prints with Bluetooth. Not great, but it works.

    rak, Sep 29, 2008