    step-by-step on how to do this if possible.

    Thanks so much.
    , Oct 12, 2005

  2. Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi,
    Seeing signal in the Wireless configuration application, or reading somewhere in the
    system that you are connected, does not mean that you actually have a functional
    Wireless connection.
    If you can use the Internet with your Wireless Computer, the Wireless connection is OK.
    If you do not have an Internet connection available, a simple way to ascertain that you
    have a connection is to try to use the Internet Browser in a Wireless Client computer
    and find out if you can connect to the Router's (Access Point) Menus (see your hardware
    manual for the Router's IP Address, the login name and the password).
    If you cannot connect to the Router this might help.
    Once the Wireless is actually connected, you need to configure each computer Sharing
    settings. May be this can help http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Oct 12, 2005

  3. Michael T Guest

    Just fixed a similar problem with my wireless laptop. I had to disable the
    blocking by Norton Internet Security.

    Reference: My post on Oct. 9th
    Subject: Need help with file sharing - home network (wireless)

    Michael T, Oct 12, 2005