    I don't want to buy a wireless nic for all machines. If someone could
    tell me how easy all this is to set up. Also any security issues, as
    some of these machines VPN my office setup.
    Dezzarezza, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Dezzarezza

    Dana Brash Guest

    Hi,

    The wireless connection can be shared out using Internet Connection Sharing
    or RRAS on a Windows machine.

    You could use one Windows 2000 Pro or XP machine to make the wireless
    connection to the exhibition's wireless service, and share that connection
    out via the other nic on the machine. A laptop is probably a good candidate
    for this task.

    Search google for:
    Windows ICS "How To"
    including quotes

    Alternately, you could get one wireless connection and connect it to a
    Windows 200x server and use RRAS to control NAT.

    Search google for:
    Windows RRAS "HOW TO"
    including quotes

    As always, make sure you're secure with current Anti-virus software and
    proper software firewalls on the clients.

    Have a good show!

    --
    HTH,
    =d=