    it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does connect
    through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of the hard
    wire computers.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSB3aXJlbGVzcw==?=, Jan 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSB3aXJlbGVzcw==?=

    noyb Guest

    Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?

    noyb, Jan 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSB3aXJlbGVzcw==?=

    Malke Guest

    noyb wrote:

    > Do they all have the same Workgoup name defined?
    >
    > "Dave wireless" <Dave > wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> I have a linksys wireless router with 4 wired connections. My network
    >> is wired with one xp computer and one 98. Now I want to add a
    >> wireless laptop

    >> it but having problems setting it up --- any advice. The laptop does

    > connect
    >> through the wireless to the internet, but does not recognize any of
    >> the

    > hard
    >> wire computers.

    It isn't necessary that they all have the same workgroup name, although
    it is nicer that way. Here are some links to help you with the
    networking. Go through the network troubleshooter (first link) by MVP
    Hans-Georg Michna first. This will help you narrow down the issues.

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Yes they do they are under mshome and the comupter names are the proper ones
    as per the manufacturer

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBXaXJlbGVzcw==?=, Jan 10, 2005
  5. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 10, 2005
  6. run the wireless network wizard in XP. That should set it up correctly.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 11, 2005