  1. How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
    Packard bell laptop.

    JPC

    John Callaway, Apr 2, 2009

  2. "John Callaway" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
    | Packard bell laptop.
    |
    | JPC

    Model number? There are a lot of Packard Hell Laptops.

    Richard in AZ, Apr 2, 2009

  3. John Callaway

    John Guest

    Packard Bell is still in business??? My first (and last) PB desktop was a
    286 that I bought in early 90s.

    John, Apr 2, 2009
  4. John Callaway

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    The Wireless switch is a hardware switch and thus does not relate to the OS
    but to the Hardware.
    Usually there is either a real little switch somewhere, or a combination of
    the Fn + F key serves as a switch.
    Take a look at the Laptop's manual. If you do not have the manual log to
    the Support page of the laptop.
    It should be here, http://support.packardbell.com/uk/
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Apr 2, 2009
  5. Packard Bell is alive and well in England.

    "John" <a> wrote in message news:%...
    | Packard Bell is still in business??? My first (and last) PB desktop was a
    | 286 that I bought in early 90s.
    |
    | "Richard in AZ" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "John Callaway" <> wrote in message
    | > | How do I check to see if my wireless network switch is on? XP SP2
    | > | Packard bell laptop.
    | > |

    Richard in AZ, Apr 2, 2009
  6. John Callaway

    David B. Guest

    David B., Apr 2, 2009
  7. I found it, but I still have a red X next to the icon in the tray.
    JPC

    John Callaway, Apr 2, 2009
  8. John Callaway

    David B. Guest

    That usually means, provided the wireless adapter is working properly, that
    your not connected to a wireless network. Right click the tray icon, select
    view available wireless networks, and select yours, what happens?

    David B., Apr 3, 2009
  9. John Callaway

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi