Wireless Stops Working

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Norbert Lieckfeldt, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. I am using a Frisbee Wireless network, with Win XP (SP2). I have an ADSL
    router which connects to the wireless base station. It used to work, but
    has stopped recently, for no reason which is apparent to me.

    Network set-up:

    ADSL router is 192.168.0.1
    Wireless base station is 192.168.0.2
    the IP address used by the card is 192.168.0.10

    I can ping all three addresses when I am on the wired connection; when I
    plug in the card it shows me 100% connectivity (Signal Strength and Link
    Quality). I have set up the network connection on my computer to use the
    following tcp/ip settings:

    USe following IP Address: 192.168.0.10
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

    Preferred DNS Server 192.168.0.1

    I have tried turning off the firewall (McAfee) but to no avail. I have
    switched off the Windows firewaal on the network connections.

    Any thoughts where else I could look would be most appreciated!

    N.

    Norbert Lieckfeldt, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Norbert Lieckfeldt

    Quaoar Guest

    "Norbert Lieckfeldt" <> wrote in message
    >I am using a Frisbee Wireless network, with Win XP (SP2). I have an
    >ADSL
    > router which connects to the wireless base station. It used to work,
    > but
    > has stopped recently, for no reason which is apparent to me.
    >
    > Network set-up:
    >
    > ADSL router is 192.168.0.1
    > Wireless base station is 192.168.0.2
    > the IP address used by the card is 192.168.0.10
    >
    > I can ping all three addresses when I am on the wired connection; when
    > plug in the card it shows me 100% connectivity (Signal Strength and
    > Link
    > Quality). I have set up the network connection on my computer to use
    > the
    > following tcp/ip settings:
    >
    > USe following IP Address: 192.168.0.10
    > Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    > Default gateway: 192.168.0.1
    >
    > Preferred DNS Server 192.168.0.1
    >
    > I have tried turning off the firewall (McAfee) but to no avail. I have
    > switched off the Windows firewaal on the network connections.
    >
    > Any thoughts where else I could look would be most appreciated!
    >
    > N.

    Try this: Open the TCP/IP properties of the connection, General tab,
    Advanced properties, Options tab, TCP/IP filtering properties, check
    Enable, select Permit All for all three entries, apply, then uncheck
    Enable. See if that helps.

    Quaoar, Sep 5, 2004