    router setting is set to mix mode and to a good channel by network stumbler

    also main computer which is number 2 set to full duplex on the card

    what can cause the slow speed I have?

    koshi, May 9, 2009

  2. koshi

    Jack [MVP] Guest

    Hi
    As a starting point switch off the computer with the 802.No Security and all
    other computers.
    Put 2 computers with MAC______(Band Aid if nothing else is available). card
    near the WEP64____(Easy, to "Brake" by knowledgeable people). Router/Access
    Point and measure he transfer.
    It should around 20Mb/sec. WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Brake ).=bit or 2-3
    MB/sec. WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable). =Byte.
    http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.

    Put the

    Jack [MVP], May 10, 2009

  3. koshi

    Jack [MVP] Guest

    Hi
    As a starter switch off all of the computers.
    Put two computers with a g card near the Wireless Router/Access Point, and
    measure the transfer.
    It should be around 20 Mb/sec. (b=bit), or 2-3MB/sec. (B=Byte).
    http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP], May 10, 2009