    any reason for the wide range of speed differences. It does not seem to be time
    of day or weather related.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue?

    DanR, May 29, 2005

  2. DanR

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Disable all the security filters and put the client few feet away from the
    source.
    If the same behavior occurs under this condition you might have Bad
    hardware.
    If it only occurs when the filters are On and the client is further away you
    might have around a strong source of Noise (like 2,4GHz tel.), or and you
    are the end of the functional range.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "DanR" <> wrote in message
    > I recently upgraded from 802.11B to G. On my winMe machine (desktop) I am

    using
    > the Linksys wireless network monitor. The B version only gave signal

    strength
    > but the G version gives signal strength and speed. My transmit rate /

    receive
    > rate varies from a low of 5.5 Mbs to in the 40 Mbs range. I can not

    determine

    Jack, May 30, 2005