    i used to have 4to5Mb internet but after i switched to wireless i now have
    1.5Mb but my upload speed si still the same
    so plz i wanna know how to fix this

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=, May 31, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=

    Frankster Guest

    Wireless technology is slower than Ethernet technology.

    Are you sure your wireless connection is connecting at faster than 1.5M?
    Wireless connections will fall back to quite slow connections if the signal
    quality is very low.

    -Frank

    Frankster, May 31, 2005

  3. yes it says that the speed is 11Mb and that the signal is excellent

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=, Jun 1, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    If your Wireless provides only 1.5Mb/sec. that would be your Internet Speed as well.

    First try the Wireless Client sitting near the source to make sure that you Wireless
    Speed is in the correct range. If you moving away and the "Speed" drops it is the way
    Wireless is working and you would need to invest in more hardware to boost your Wireless
    range.

    Frame of reference for Speed - http://www.ezlan.net/net_speed.html

    Boosting Wireless range.

    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 1, 2005
  5. ok i have Wireless 802.11b
    and on the link u posted it yields from 4-8Mb/sec.
    i tried wat you proposed by putting it close then away it still hte sma
    ething it stayed constant at about 1.3-1.5Mb
    the cable company says that its a problem with the router configuration
    the router company says its a problem with either the modem or the cable
    signal
    help plz

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=, Jun 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    To find what worng is you need a frame of reference.

    I always suggest to people to keep at least one computer on Wire.

    If the a wired computer on the same system yields 4Mb/sec. download then the Modem and
    the connection are OK and you have to concentrate on the Wireless.

    As mentioned in the link a typical good 802.11b installation would provide 4Mb/sec.
    However could be that your Wireless hardware and the configuration can not provide more
    then what you get, it is not uncommon with 802.11b old hardware.

    BTW how to you know that you get download of 1.5Mb/sec. The download of files through IE
    is rated in Bytes not bits.

    May be you would like to read this as well: http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 2, 2005
  7. http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest...c6cea7e2;2.0;www.mountaincable.net/1117678192

    this is the results i got on the website u gave me
    i knew it was 1.5 casue i tested it on another website
    and the wired computer is getting the speed advertised by comcast
    and the router says that it provides up to 11Mbps and linksys said that it
    should give me 4mb
    thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9t?=, Jun 2, 2005