    its a 11mbs (802.11b)

    thanx

    devin
    Devin Panchal, Jul 15, 2004

  2. What's the frequency at which you cordless phone operates? Is it 2.4GHz? If
    not, it's highly unlikely that it is the cause of your problems.

    The easiest way to increase signal strength is to bring your laptop with the
    WiFi card closer to the WAP. Do you see intermittent disconnections in this
    case as well? If you do, then it could be an issue related to the driver
    that you are using.

    Rajiv

    Rajiv P. Bharadwaja [MSFT], Jul 20, 2004

  3. Devin Panchal

    mike Guest

    i have had very good results by using one of the many 'relectors' that can
    be made & fitted to wireless rubber ducks.

    mike

    "Rajiv P. Bharadwaja [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > What's the frequency at which you cordless phone operates? Is it 2.4GHz?

    If
    > not, it's highly unlikely that it is the cause of your problems.
    >
    > The easiest way to increase signal strength is to bring your laptop with

    the
    > WiFi card closer to the WAP. Do you see intermittent disconnections in

    this
    > case as well? If you do, then it could be an issue related to the driver
    > that you are using.
    >
    > Rajiv

    rights.

    > "Devin Panchal" <> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > >
    > > i've got a belkin wireless router and a wireless card on my laptop.
    > > downstairs we have got a new digital cordless fone.
    > >
    > > my problem is the wireless laptop connects fro about 1 min, and then
    > > disconnects, even when the fone is off. how can i increase the signal
    > > strength? is there anything i can do, to make it work proerly?
    > >
    > > its a 11mbs (802.11b)
    > >
    > > thanx
    > >
    > > devin

    ---