    computer is set up for wireless already. I am trying to connect my HP4385
    so I can print wirelessly. I uninstalled all HP from my computer and then
    reloaded everything. I should be ready to go, but nooooo!
    Brian, Mar 4, 2009

  2. Brian

    Lem Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > I realize this has probably been answered a thousand times:
    > I have a Lenovo laptop connected wirelessly to a Linksys router. The
    > computer is set up for wireless already. I am trying to connect my HP4385
    > so I can print wirelessly. I uninstalled all HP from my computer and then
    > reloaded everything. I should be ready to go, but nooooo!

    You'll have to be considerably more explicit in describing what you did
    and what the results were. The HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One Printer
    (which appears to be what you are talking about) has built-in wireless
    network capability. Usually, getting these to work is simply a matter of
    putting the HP CD in your computer and following the on-screen directions.

    To start with:

    A. Did you make sure that the wireless adapter on your laptop was turned
    on? (Many laptops have either a physical switch or a F-key combination
    that turns the wireless radio on and off.)
    B. 1. Do you have a wireless router?
    2. What make and model?
    3. If you have a wireless router, does your laptop access the
    Internet wirelessly through the router?
    4. If not, how?
    C. 1. What type of wireless encryption did you attempt to configure?
    2. On the router?
    3. On the printer?
    D. What version of Windows are you using (including service pack level)?

    Perhaps one of the how-to articles here can help:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...98&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3651156&lang=en

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Mar 4, 2009