    device.

    --
    Bob D

    Bob D, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Bob D

    PJB Guest

    "Bob D" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
    > printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner.

    > would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server.

    > know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
    > support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any

    of
    > them will support the scanner function.

    I doubt very much if your HP's scanner function can be
    shared across the network, either wired or wirelessly.
    Network scanners are currently not cheap ;-) 'twould be far
    cheaper and easier to provide a scanner on each pc that
    needs access to one.

    P.

    PJB, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Bob D

    William B. Guest

    I was also thinking of installing a D-Link DP-311P
    Wireless-B print server in my 802.11g WLAN. But I am
    worried that the connection speed of my network will revert
    to 11Mbps. Has anyone tried any of these Wireless Print
    server. I have the Buffalo USB print server (wired) and it
    supports any USB printer you attached to it.

    William B., Jun 22, 2004
  4. Bob D

    Papa Guest

    A wireless router that includes a print server would be a good choice for a
    printer only. As for it also working as a scanner, that can be problematic.
    In such devices that are a combo printer/scanner, you will probably have to
    purchase a printer/scanner server from HP if they have one. I got my HP
    1100A printer/scanner to work with both functions by connecting the 1100 to
    an HP Jet Direct server, which in turn connected to my wireless router - but
    had inconsistent operation with it and finally I got tired of this hit or
    miss situation and just connected the 1100 to one of my computer's parallel
    ports. Then everything (printing and scanning) worked fine - all the time.
    Other computers in my LAN (including wireless ones) are able to access the
    print function of this printer/scanner via sharing.

    Papa, Jun 22, 2004
  5. Bob D

    Tim Guest

    "Bob D" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
    > printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
    > would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
    > know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
    > support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
    > them will support the scanner function.
    >
    > I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
    > device.

    If you want to try it go ahead but dont count on any technical support
    if the printer is not on the list in ther PDF file. Here is the list:

    Brand Printer's Name
    Brother HL 1260
    CANON S520
    CANON BJC-4300