  1. Emyeu

    Emyeu Guest

    Are there anyways or tools to test whether the wireless lan is secured?

    Emyeu, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Emyeu

    Malke Guest

    Emyeu wrote:

    > Are there anyways or tools to test whether the wireless lan is
    > secured?

    Take a laptop outside your house and use Net Stumbler (Windows) or
    Kismet (*nixes) and see if you can get into your network.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Emyeu

    Emyeu Guest

    May i know what are "Net Stumbler" and "Kismet (*nixes)"???

    Emyeu, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Emyeu

    S. Pidgorny Guest

    NetStumbler is a Windows utility that allows you to detect wireless access
    points and clients, and then more:

    http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

    Kismet is a wireless network detector and sniffer. It also has some NIDS
    capability and plugs into Snort NIDS. Kismet runs on Linux:

    http://www.kismetwireless.net/

    I'm also using Wellenreiter on a PDA, very good for wireless auditing but a
    bit dated:

    http://www.wellenreiter.net/

    --
    Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE