    if I have wireless internet from my internet provider, how can I make
    sure that I have a secure network. I do have two computers hooked to a
    router.
    JillAdams, Jun 22, 2006

  2. JillAdams

    Mark Wake Guest

    firstly if you want people to not gain access to your internet connection
    enable the pass key and or you can enable the mac locking
    but what type of wierless router do you have?

    Mark Wake, Jun 27, 2006

  3. Mark Wake wrote:
    > and or you can enable the mac locking

    That helps until someone legitimate creates a connection. Sniffing just
    one packet is enough and you know a valid MAC address.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Jun 27, 2006
  4. JillAdams

    ~David~ Guest

    Don't use WEP or MAC filtering, as both are easy to bypass. Use a strong
    password with either WPA or preferably WPA2.

    ~David~, Jun 29, 2006
  5. JillAdams

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Mark Wake wrote:

    > firstly if you want people to not gain access to your internet connection
    > enable the pass key and or you can enable the mac locking
    > but what type of wierless router do you have?

    can't resist: Isn't a 'wierless router' what they have in new orleans?

    Rick Merrill, Jun 29, 2006