    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in
    news:cd9ol2$cvu$:

    > Hey all,
    > I'm thinking about buying a wireless router to connect 2 (possibly
    > 3)
    > PC's to the Internet.
    >
    > I was wondering what key features I should look for before I buy a
    > wireless router? I'm new to them so don't know what I should be
    > looking for.
    >
    > If anyone from the UK has brought a wireless router off the Internet I
    > would be interested in seeing which one you have.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.

    You can post to alt.internet.wireless to get some answers, along with the
    ones you get here.

    All the brand named routers Linksys, Netgear, D-link, Belkin etc are that
    same as far as I am concerned when it comes to wireless.

    Just make sure you protect the investment with a UPS AVR as the routers
    like good clean power free from spikes from household appliances on the
    line, brownouts and blackouts.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 17, 2004

  3. Global_Killa

    Super PMD Guest

    Global_Killa wrote:

    > Hey all,
    > I'm thinking about buying a wireless router to connect 2 (possibly 3)
    > PC's to the Internet.
    >
    > I was wondering what key features I should look for before I buy a wireless
    > router? I'm new to them so don't know what I should be looking for.
    >
    > If anyone from the UK has brought a wireless router off the Internet I would
    > be interested in seeing which one you have.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >
    > --
    > Global_Killa
    > "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"
    >
    > http://punkthenation.tk

    Security, someone outside your house could connect for free.

    --

    PMD

    Super PMD, Jul 17, 2004
  4. Global_Killa

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Super PMD"
    <>
    wrote in message news:pDcKc.14750$...
    > Global_Killa wrote:
    >
    > > Hey all,
    > > I'm thinking about buying a wireless router to connect 2 (possibly

    3)
    > > PC's to the Internet.
    > >
    > > I was wondering what key features I should look for before I buy a

    wireless
    > > router? I'm new to them so don't know what I should be looking for.
    > >
    > > If anyone from the UK has brought a wireless router off the Internet I

    would
    > > be interested in seeing which one you have.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any advice.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Global_Killa
    > > "You're a victim of the rules you live by!"
    > >
    > > http://punkthenation.tk
    > >

    > Security, someone outside your house could connect for free.
    >

    > --
    >
    > PMD

    Yeh, I was watching a program about that. But you can set passwords and
    encription so people cant connected.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, Jul 17, 2004
  5. Global_Killa

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > Yeh, I was watching a program about that. But you can set passwords and
    > encription so people cant connected.

    It doesn't mean anything and one must always be on top of the wireless as
    it is a security risk that can be attacked. If it's a wireless router being
    used, then one can review the logs to review the traffic that's coming in
    and leaving the router.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 17, 2004