    Been googling, but there are so many.

    Thanks
    AFK
    AFK, Jul 9, 2005

  2. "AFK" <> wrote in message
    news:QpUze.115186$...
    > What's the best one in your experience.
    > I need something that is reliable, constantly on, secure, good coverage
    > through thick and thin walls, up to 15metres.
    > Something which is easy to setup for bittorent clients to max the speed,
    > good for online gaming and general downloads.
    > Also, ideally it'll be ADSL2 ready, as that is about to be offered here in
    > the UK in the next couple of months.
    >
    > Been googling, but there are so many.
    >
    > Thanks
    > AFK

    PC Magazine recently rated them all. Linksys was the winner in all three
    categories (fast, faster, fastest).

    Joe
    Joseph E. Johnston, Jul 9, 2005

  3. AFK

    Ian Welch Guest

    From what I understand, your standard router (regardless of brand) has
    limitations on distance through walls and other objects. I would say
    there isn't much difference between one router and the next on that
    issue alone. If distance is your problem (regardless of brand) you would
    still need a repeater to extend the length of your signal or move it to
    more central location. From what I've understand about wireless routers,
    they will go up to 45 metres with no obstructions. Each obstruction or
    wall reduces the total range by 1/2.

    Don't quote me or anything because I'm not a guru, just providing some
    insight.

    Ian Welch, Jul 9, 2005
  4. AFK

    Suenet Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 18:09:52 +0000, AFK wrote:

    > What's the best one in your experience. I need something that is reliable,
    > constantly on, secure, good coverage through thick and thin walls, up to
    > 15metres. Something which is easy to setup for bittorent clients to max
    > the speed, good for online gaming and general downloads. Also, ideally
    > it'll be ADSL2 ready, as that is about to be offered here in the UK in the
    > next couple of months.
    >
    > Been googling, but there are so many.
    >
    > Thanks
    > AFK

    Linksys without a doubt.
    Suenet, Jul 9, 2005
  5. AFK

    7 Guest

    AFK wrote:

    > What's the best one in your experience.
    > I need something that is reliable, constantly on, secure, good coverage
    > through thick and thin walls, up to 15metres.
    > Something which is easy to setup for bittorent clients to max the speed,
    > good for online gaming and general downloads.
    > Also, ideally it'll be ADSL2 ready, as that is about to be offered here in
    > the UK in the next couple of months.
    >
    > Been googling, but there are so many.
    >
    > Thanks
    > AFK

    You should also try get a router with a WiFI connection
    and QoS protocol for VoIP.
    That way you can connect laptops and VoIP phones
    wireless and also ensure that any VoIP stuff you will undoubtedly
    purchase in the next few months and years works more reliably.
    7, Jul 10, 2005