    signal sometimes causing web pages to load slowly and, for some, to time out.
    Are there any suggestions on how to handle this problem. I would be willing
    to upgrade my router.
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyazIwMDY=?=, May 20, 2007

  2. Hi
    There is No magic Router that can overcome all environmental trepadation.
    The typical solution is to create multiple Access Point with cables, or WDS
    system.
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 20, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyazIwMDY=?=

    Jim Guest

    "Mark2006" <> wrote in message
    >I have a linksys wireless router in my office suite (about 1500 square
    >feet),
    > the walls are made of drywall. Despite this, the strength of the signal
    > gets
    > fairly week fairly quickly. The offices furthest from the router have low
    > signal sometimes causing web pages to load slowly and, for some, to time
    > out.
    > Are there any suggestions on how to handle this problem. I would be
    > willing
    > to upgrade my router.

    It is the distance from the router than can make a difference. My house is
    bigger than your office; however, my laptop is at least 25 feet from the
    router. Most of the time, the router signal is excellent, but in times of
    high humidity the laptop cannot connect to the router even when the laptop
    is in the same room (i. e. no more than 8 feet away).

    You can try installing higher gain antennas in addition to what Jack said.

    Jim
    Jim, May 20, 2007