    PWB Guest

    I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router , trouble is
    theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I connect it

    PWB, May 12, 2009

  2. PWB wrote:

    > I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router ,
    > trouble is theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I
    > connect it

    Read the unit; find the brand name and model; start your browser; go to
    google.com; enter said brand and model; look for manufacturer's web site
    and documentation.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 12, 2009

  3. PWB

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:R9iOl.103036$2 "PWB" <>
    wrote:

    > I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router ,
    > trouble is theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I
    > connect it

    You'd have a lot more luck getting a useful response if you'd supply the
    make and model of your router.

    Of course, with that information you could probably go to the maker's
    Web site and download the complete user manual.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, May 12, 2009
  4. PWB

    Mike Easter Guest

    PWB wrote:
    > I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router ,
    > trouble is theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I
    > connect it

    It is important to realize that you are wanting to create your own network
    for which you are responsible for its security and for any 'evil' or
    illegal activity which takes place on that network.

    When you introduce your wireless router which is going to get an IP
    address to the internet from your provider via the cable modem, it is
    going to create a radio beacon signal to which anyone can connect to both
    your own network, such as your laptop, and to the world at large, the
    internet.

    Here are a couple of resources:

    http://wireless.navas.us/wiki/Wi-Fi practical, comprehensive, and
    objective resource for wireless communications, particularly wireless
    access to the Internet - by John Navas and Jeff Liebermann.

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/howto/071906wireless1.htm
    Step-by-Step: Creating a Wireless Network - Part 1 - by Aaron Weiss

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 12, 2009
  5. PWB

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 12 May 2009 18:16:34 +0100, PWB wrote:

    >I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router , trouble is
    >theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I connect it

    Could try the ng - virginmedia.users.self-help.networking

    Don't forget basic things like laptop make/model, OS, router make/model.

    Me

    why?, May 12, 2009
  6. PWB

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 12 May 2009 18:16:34 +0100, PWB wrote:

    > I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router , trouble
    > is theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I connect it

    There's nothing to connect. It's wireless. Duh.

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, May 12, 2009
  7. PWB

    Fergal Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 May 2009 18:16:34 +0100, PWB wrote:
    >
    >> I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router , trouble
    >> is theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I connect it

    > There's nothing to connect. It's wireless. Duh.

    It still has to connect, albeit "wirelessly"
    Numbnuts!

    Fergal, May 12, 2009
  8. PWB

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 12 May 2009 20:58:38 +0000, Fergal wrote:

    > "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 12 May 2009 18:16:34 +0100, PWB wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a wireless laptop and have been given a wireless router ,
    >>> trouble is theres no instructions . Can someoneplease tell me how I
    >>> connect it

    >> There's nothing to connect. It's wireless. Duh.
    >>

    > It still has to connect, albeit "wirelessly" Numbnuts!

    *** WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!! ***

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, May 13, 2009
  9. PWB

    G. Morgan Guest

    Dan C wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 May 2009 20:58:38 +0000, Fergal wrote:
    >
    >> "Dan C" <> wrote in message

    >>> There's nothing to connect. It's wireless. Duh.
    >>>

    >> It still has to connect, albeit "wirelessly" Numbnuts!
    >>>

    >*** WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!! ***

    Better stick to something they understand, like formatting the hard drive.

    G. Morgan, May 13, 2009