    Doug

    This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
    from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com
    Doug, Jul 15, 2006

  2. If you already have an existing router/network and you are planning on adding
    the wireless router for wireless access, you will need to configure the
    wireless router as an access point.

    Log in to your wireless router's configuration page (probably
    http://192.168.1.1)
    Type in “admin†for both username and password
    Click on “Setup†at the top
    Scroll down to “Network Setupâ€

    Now you will need to change the “Local IP Address†of your wireless router
    to something that will communicate with your existing network. The first
    three blocks of numbers of the IP address have to be the same as your
    existing network.

    If your network uses a gateway of 192.168.0.1, the “Local IP Address†needs
    to look like this: 192.168.0.x, where x is any number between 1 and 254.

    A safe choice for "x" is 200. So in that case your router will have a “Local
    IP Address†of 192.168.0.200

    The subnet mask has to be exactly the same as the subnet mask that your
    other computers use.

    Once you are done with that, scroll down to the “DHCP Server Setting†section.
    Change “DHCP Server†to Disabled

    Now scroll down to the bottom and click “Applyâ€

    Very important: To connect your wireless router to your existing
    router/network, you need to connect a cable from one of the LAN ports on your
    main router to one of the LAN ports on the wireless router. You will not be
    using the WAN port on the wireless router.

    Better yet, just use the wireless router and connect the wired PCs to it...

    HTH

    MD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, Jul 15, 2006

  3. Hi