    least would be a start as necessary configuration changes would surely apply
    to my own secured router access,(when I can eventually set it up)
    All help appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXI=?=, Jun 14, 2006

  2. Hi
    Connecting a computer to the Internet with a Router while having a Dialup
    connection is quite a challenge.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 14, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXI=?=, Jun 14, 2006
  4. "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > Hi
    > Connecting a computer to the Internet with a Router while having a Dialup
    > connection is quite a challenge.
    > May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > > All I want to do is to connect one computer to the net with a wireless
    > > router. I am having problems once a network is shown as "Connected" - this
    > > also applies to an unsecured network in our neighbourhood which is
    > > available
    > > to local residents FOC!
    > > When I try to connect my browser or email client nothing happens, even
    > > though a wireless connection is shown as live & connected.
    > > What Windows (XP) changes do I have to make to get surfing? (I have been
    > > using dial-up). If I can connect to the local unsecured connection that at
    > > least would be a start as necessary configuration changes would surely
    > > apply
    > > to my own secured router access,(when I can eventually set it up)
    > > All help appreciated.

    > I don't want dial-up as well - just the wireless via router and it's only for one wireless ready laptop!

    Thanks for the link, but it's more than I need. How do I configure the
    connections to use the wireless network once connected? Is the dial-up
    inhibiting the net access even though there is a live connection to the local
    unsdecured network? Do I have to alter anytrhing anywhere on my browser or
    email setting?
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXI=?=, Jun 14, 2006