    I notice that the broadband is on times switching off line so I have to
    reconnect, I assume there must be something wrong with my settings for the
    broadband to go off line, any advice please.

    noreply@invalid, Nov 22, 2004

  2. noreply@invalid

    Cubzilla Guest

    "noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    news:ghgod.15$...
    > I have just installed a wireless router to my P.C.
    > I am running Win 98 using NTL broadband.
    > I notice that the broadband is on times switching off line so I have to
    > reconnect, I assume there must be something wrong with my settings for the
    > broadband to go off line, any advice please.

    Ok whats the model of the router !

    Cub

    Cubzilla, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Lynkys 2.4

    noreply@invalid, Nov 22, 2004
  4. noreply@invalid

    Jerry G. Guest

    There should be buried in the router setup, or the modem setup a timeout
    value. You have to find where it is, and set it to be on line indefinitely.
    As for the modem setup, you should call the provider of the modem for this,
    if you do not have detailed instructions. As for the router, you can either
    download their detailed instructions, or call their tech support.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Nov 22, 2004
  5. noreply@invalid

    m0 fugga Guest

    "Cubzilla" <> wrote in message news:<41a192ad$0$10974$>...
    > "noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    > > I have just installed a wireless router to my P.C.
    > > I am running Win 98 using NTL broadband.
    > > I notice that the broadband is on times switching off line so I have to
    > > reconnect, I assume there must be something wrong with my settings for the
    > > broadband to go off line, any advice please.
    > >

    > Ok whats the model of the router !
    >

    > Cub

    And why, might I ask, are you using Win98????

    m0 fugga, Nov 22, 2004
  6. noreply@invalid

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "m0 fugga" <> wrote in message
    > "Cubzilla" <> wrote in message
    >> "noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    >> > I have just installed a wireless router to my P.C.
    >> > I am running Win 98 using NTL broadband.
    >> > I notice that the broadband is on times switching off line so I have to
    >> > reconnect, I assume there must be something wrong with my settings for
    >> > the
    >> > broadband to go off line, any advice please.
    >> >

    >> Ok whats the model of the router !
    >>

    >> Cub

    > And why, might I ask, are you using Win98????

    older machines may not meet minimum requirements for XP...

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Nov 22, 2004
  7. In article <> (m0 fugga) wrote:

    >"Cubzilla" <> wrote in message news:<41a192ad$0$10974$>...
    >> "noreply@invalid" <> wrote in message
    >> > I have just installed a wireless router to my P.C.
    >> > I am running Win 98 using NTL broadband.
    >> > I notice that the broadband is on times switching off line so I have to
    >> > reconnect, I assume there must be something wrong with my settings for the
    >> > broadband to go off line, any advice please.
    >> >

    >> Ok whats the model of the router !
    >>

    >> Cub

    >And why, might I ask, are you using Win98????

    Would it matter if they are using win98?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Bots can't be delusional." -- Dr.Postman

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 22, 2004
  8. noreply@invalid

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, 127.0.0.1 mused:

    | older machines may not meet minimum requirements for XP...

    They probably will for 2000, though. ;-)

    mhicaoidh, Nov 24, 2004