wireless-router with 8 ports

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Gottfried Mentil, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. hi
    wireless-router with 8 ports
    who knows a make ??
    --
    Gottfried D. Mentil
    PIELACHTALER WEB-DESIGN (p.w.d.)

    http://www.denken-hilft.com/
    http://www.pielachtal.com/
    A1 - 548 72 33 - von 12 bis 22 uhr
    H-D VIN: 1HD1FCW192Y639162

    * Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail *
    * dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche *
    * Erklaerungen werden ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht. *
    * Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information *
    * purposes. This medium is not used for the exchange of *
    * legally-binding communications. *

    Gottfried Mentil, Jan 22, 2005

  2. Gottfried Mentil

    Dave Guest

    if you are wireless why do you need any ports? as an alternative, use a
    wired 8 port router and add a wireless access point.

    Dave, Jan 22, 2005

  3. Gottfried Mentil

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The selection of 8 ports Wireless Cable/DSL Router is very very small and
    inflexible.

    The only difference between 4port to 8 port is the additional 4 ports on the
    switch. A 4 port switch might cost (in the USA) $10. Yet an 8 ports Wireless
    Router cost $50 more then the 4 ports. I.e. you pay $50 for a 4 port switch.
    As strange as it might sound a lot of people when they need more ports
    actually use an old Router (bypassing the WAN port). Many people switched
    to Wireless and they end up with an old working wired Router.

    However try Linksys.com or and D-Link.com you might find something there.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 22, 2005