    Any recomended brand that is good?

    Any issues I need to be aware of?

    Thanks.
    core, Apr 11, 2004

  2. core

    mcurtin Guest

    You could try the Belkin 54g Wireless Notebook Network Cards
    Item No. : F5D7010 for the Laptop and two cards for the desktops,
    one for each desktop, Item No. : F?????

    If you go to www.belkin.com it will help you to find want you want,
    for the desktops.

    The only trouble I found is that is you may have to drop the firewall on
    all of the machines,to do with open ports for the transmission of the data
    etc.,
    but that may not be nesscessary the people at Belkin are very helpful.

    Of course you could try other brands, it's all up to you.

    Regards Michael Curtin

    mcurtin, Apr 11, 2004

  3. core

    one_red_eye Guest

    "core" <> wrote in message
    > Trying to hook up 2 desktops and a laptop to share internet connection -
    > wireless.
    >
    > Currently using Windows XP with High-Speed cable connection.
    >
    > Any recomended brand that is good?
    >
    > Any issues I need to be aware of?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'll swear by Netgear. It's easy to set up (brings new meaning to
    plug-n-play networking) and I've *never* had a problem.

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.
    one_red_eye, Apr 11, 2004