    Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router

    Lostone ..
    , Jun 5, 2007

  2. Malcolm Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:18:13 +1200
    wrote:

    > Hi i need help
    >

    > Im trying to add a wireless firewall router to my sisters existing
    > broadband setup, cable user who is with telstraclear ..
    >

    > How do i find out what my default gateway setting should be short of
    > spending 90 mins on hold ringing the telstra help line.
    >

    > Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router
    >

    > Lostone ..

    Hi
    Open a command window (start->run->cmd) and use the command netstat -r
    will give you the default gateway.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp
    Malcolm, Jun 5, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Hi i need help
    > Im trying to add a wireless firewall router to my sisters existing
    > broadband setup, cable user who is with telstraclear ..
    > How do i find out what my default gateway setting should be short of
    > spending 90 mins on hold ringing the telstra help line.

    There are usually very few delays if you ring them at this time of night.

    It'll be in the stuff Telstra sent you when you signed up.

    If the computer is already configured to work without the router you could look
    at the existing settings. In this case you will need to reconfigure the
    computer to use a private netblock (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, 172.something) or to
    use dhcp (automatic configuration). That all depends on how you configure the
    router.

    In any case it'll be your ip address with the last octet replaced by 1, so if
    the ip address is 203.79.120.110 the gateway will be 203.79.120.1.

    The netmask should be 255.255.255.0

    The dns servers are 203.96.152.4 and 203.96.152.12

    Mark Robinson, Jun 5, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:35:53 +1200, Mark Robinson
    <2tod.net> wrote:

    >In any case it'll be your ip address with the last octet replaced by 1, so if
    >the ip address is 203.79.120.110 the gateway will be 203.79.120.1.
    >
    >The netmask should be 255.255.255.0
    >
    >The dns servers are 203.96.152.4 and 203.96.152.12
    >
    >> Its netgear WGT624 108 Mbps wireless firewall router
    >> Lostone ..

    cheer thnx malcom and Mark:)

    Lostone
    , Jun 5, 2007