    my laptop?
    --
    # # #
    =?Utf-8?B?THlubmV0dGU=?=, Apr 18, 2006

  2. Hi
    Any of the Brand name would be compatible with your laptop.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 18, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?THlubmV0dGU=?=

    RAH Guest

    A couple of caveats. The new super-G routers are particular regarding
    the OS you are running. Also, I just ran into a problem with LinkSys
    firmware that would not pull DHCP (IP address) from a radio-type ISP
    tower. Most wireless routers should be fine.

    RAH, Apr 18, 2006
  4. Are you SERIOUS? What the hell difference does it make whatever OS you use?
    You can network Mac/PC for example. Whatever is going through the network is
    just data conforming to, presumably, the TCP/IP.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 20, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?THlubmV0dGU=?=

    RAH Guest

    You are right. I spoke before my brain was in gear. I was thinking
    adapter when I said router. It amounts to the same thing, however. If
    you can't install an adpater in another computer, your router isn't of
    much use. An example would be the LinkSys WUSB54GS. In order to
    install the software for that adapter you must be running Windows
    2000 or XP with at least Service Pack 1.

    RAH, Apr 20, 2006
  6. On a Mac it would likely not be the case but as to wireless at all, though I
    have never used that model before, I have set up other Linksys and never had
    this problem. If they caused a problem at Linksys, get them to fix it.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 22, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?THlubmV0dGU=?=

    RAH Guest

    I don't think it has anything to do with LinkSys, but with the Super-G
    speed. I just looked at the D-Link Super-G adapters, and they also
    require Windows 2000 or XP. I imagine if I check on the Netgear site
    I will find the same thing. My entire network is LinkSys and one
    computer is running Windows Me, but I don't have the Super-G units.
    And that's why.

    RAH, Apr 22, 2006